Beware When Wearing Silk and Satin
• Silk, satin and other fragile or loosely woven fabrics are especially vulnerable to snags and abrasion.
• A coat or jacket lining made of a textured fabric could create enough friction to damage fine yarns.
• Minimize contact between ornamented handbags, jewelry and shoulder straps and these fine fabrics. The simple act of resting a beaded clutch in your lap can result in irreparable fabric damage and abrasion (use a pocketbook hanger)
• The same applies to contact with a shoulder bag strap, charm on a bracelet or a prong on a ring.
• Take careful stock of your outfit and the accessories and be mindful of those things that could snag your lace gown, satin skirt, or silk blouse.